ABOUT THIS POLICY
It also explains your privacy rights and how the law protects you including how we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other related legislation which relates to the use of personal data.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
Additional information may be provided on particular pages of this website. For example, on any specific pages where we collect personal data and you should also refer to those. We do not operate cookies on our website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Our website does not link to any third-party websites other than Worldpay and any such links posted onto our website is strictly forbidden.
- We also offer a facility whereby you can make payment for your purchase via Worldpay. We use Worldpay as a third-party service provider. When you make a payment, you will be transferred to Worldpay’s website and you will be asked to provide certain personal data and financial information such as credit card details. The personal data you provide will be collected and dealt with by Worldpay and you should refer to Worldpay’s privacy policies and notices in relation to this, for information about how the personal data you provide will be used by it.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data which has been anonymised such that a person’s identity is removed.
- We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data. The categories of person data which we may use include:
- Identity and Contact Data such as names, titles and other identifiers together with home or business addresses, email address and telephone numbers. This also includes payment information.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. This may also include information about how you use our website and our products.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, under the terms of a contract we have with you or for another lawful reason and you fail to provide that data (for example in order to take payment from you or to fulfil a purchase made by you), we may not be able to fully perform our obligations in accordance with our contract, provide you with the information you require or otherwise properly deal with your request.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
- We collect personal data in a number of different ways. For example, we may collect personal data directly through this website (including via our ‘Contact Us’ or ‘Purchase’ page), by email or over the phone.
- The personal data we collect is usually provided by you directly, though in some cases it might be provided by someone else, for example if they make a purchase on your behalf.
- Some of the technical data which we collect may be collected automatically as you interact with our website.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. The information below explains the purposes for which we use different categories of personal data and the legal basis or bases which we believe applies to those uses. We may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Operating our website
- We may process your identity and contact data, technical data and profile data, for the purposes of administering and operating this website. This may include troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance and support. This helps us to continually improve this website and the services we can offer. Where you make a purchase from us, we also use your data for the proper operation of the e-commerce function of the website. We process your data in this way on the basis that this is necessary for our legitimate interests in managing, administering and improving this website, its functionality and the services we offer.
Providing our services to our customers
- We will also process your identity and contact data in order to provide and deliver our services to you, and to deal with any ancillary matters such as administering payment from you when you place an order, corresponding with you in relation to your order and assisting with any follow up issues. We process your data in this way on the basis that it is necessary to do so for the performance of the relevant contract that you have entered into with us.
Responding to enquiries
- If you contact us with a comment, enquiry (for example through our “Contact Us” page) or if you want to speak to us, we will use your identity and contact data in order to respond to you. Processing your data in this way is necessary for our legitimate interests in the operation of our business in order to respond to your enquiry and to provide our customer service to you.
Disclosure of data to third parties
- We may process your identity and contact data and technical data to ensure that any third-party providers can perform their obligations to us. For example, we might need to pass your details to our IT support service providers should we need their support in operating our website. We do this on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to do so by ensuring that such third-party providers can ensure the proper function of our website and deal with any problems that may arise.
Updates and our newsletter
- We may from time to time contact you with marketing communications. For example, to tell you about new mobile numbers or other products or services we offer which we think may interest you, or if you have subscribed to receive our newsletter. To do this we will use your identity and contact data, and may also use technical, profile and marketing and communications data. We process your data in this way as it is necessary for our legitimate interests to develop, market and promote our products. Further information about our marketing activities can be found below.
- In addition, we may disclose information about you to the extent that we are required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention) and/or where we may otherwise do so in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us and further information is provided about this below.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS
- From time to time we may use your data including identity and contact data, technical data and profile data and marketing and communications data, to contact you with information about our services. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have expressly opted in to our marketing database or where you have purchased products from us and have chosen not to opt out or unsubscribe.
- The type and content of marketing messages may be outlined when you sign up to our marketing database. Email marketing messages may contain tracking links or similar technologies in order to track user activity within email marketing messages for example so that we can see what products you might be interested in.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
- We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please also note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- If you would like further information about how we use personal data and the purpose which we might use it for, please contact us.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- We take reasonable, technical and organisational precautions and security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know it. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- In some circumstances, we may anonymise personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further policy to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Those rights are listed below. Please contact us if you would like to exercise any of them. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (a “data subject access request”). This means you can receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal data: This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You can ask us to remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have this right where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your data unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with law. We may not always be able to comply with your request where there are particular legal reasons.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we rely on a legitimate interest basis and if the processing impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You can also object to direct marketing. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have grounds to process your data which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing. You can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data: if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; where our data use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer need it, to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have objected to use of data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request a data transfer. We will provide to you, or your chosen third party, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. This only applies to automated information which you provided consent for us to use or necessary to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we rely on consent to process your personal data. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure personal data is not disclosed to a person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you to clarify your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests in which case we will keep you updated.